Friday, December 14, 2007

No Pants Dance

I was struggling with a post regarding the death penalty today and decided to scrap it and revisit it later. It was just not right for a Friday during the Holidays. Plus, I'm currently in the throes of a meat/nog coma and my creative juices are not flowing properly. Perhaps food and drink like that clog more than arteries in your heart....

Instead I'll write about something lighter. I just realized that Phil Ford, former UNC player and assistant coach, currently coaches for the Charlotte Bobcats. I had no idea. This is incredible because Jeff McInnis, former UNC player who played for Ford, currently plays for Charlotte. While at UNC it was rumored that McInnis "tagged" Ford's wife. Of all the list of no-no's attached to locker room behavior I have to believe that sleeping with the coach's or anyone's significant other is up there. It might be behind "don't kill a teammate", but it is definitely ahead of wearing other people's uniforms.
http://http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2007/04/23/070423fa_fact_mcgrath?currentPage=all

Which brings me to another point, Manny Ramirez is nuts. In a good way.

Anyway, even if McInnis and Mrs. Ford never played the naked doctor, its still fun to think about. How could Phil Ford have exerted any kind of control over him on the court if his young charge destroyed the sanctity of Ford's marriage? No amount of suicides and wall sits can take that away.

No comments: