Thursday, December 13, 2007

Everyone else is doing it.

No, mom, I'm not drinking wine coolers in the woods, smoking cigarettes or jumpng off cliffs, I'm blogging. I'm sure that modern family statistics read something like this: 2.3 kids, 2 cars, 1.4 pets and 8 blogs. Lets "put it (another one) on the board."*

Why am I blogging? I have opinions. Lots of them. I'm filled with useless information. I'd like to impress the diapers off of you with wet (why does it always have to be dry) wit and statistics. I've pooped twice today. That may be of importance only to me and to CVS to restock their triple ply paper products. What can I say, I like to share.

I'm really blogging because I'd like to become a better writer. I plan on going back to school in the not too distant future and am horribly rusty. The thought of anyone reading this horrifies me. I suppose I should learn how to use semi colon.

*Because I spent my college career avoiding computers I will struggle, only initially I hope, to provide proper props to those I'm quoting. For instance, I'd love to link the Chicago White Sox announcer who screams "PUT IT ON THE BOARD" for every home run. Alas, not sure how to get that done right now. Hopefully he won't feel bad.

1 comment:

Seth said...

Welcome. You're going to be great. And it will be nice to link to you in all my future post citations. I'm adding you to the Gen GuY blogroll now.